>Stirfry Tofu and Cabbage with Stewed Pork Belly in Chilli Bean Sauce
>I LOVE TOFU^^ (sorry for the cheesy icon) I just love it. I’m telling you… did I tell you I love tofu? Oh man, I just love the simplicity, the taste, texture, everything about it. I love it panfried and plain, oh and some chilli sauce never hurts. I try to cook tofu at least once a week. My husband rather not have it unless it’s doused in lots of sauce, we like the opposite things you see… I like it plain, he likes it coated (thoroughly)!
So this delicious stirfry tofu and cabbage dish is so easy and simple, all you need is:
500g firm tofu, pan fried or already fried tofu cubes
1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
5 black mushrooms, soaked overnight
2 fresh red chillies
2 large onions
1 bulb of garlic
200g french beans
salt and pepper
All you do is cook up the garlic and onions till tender with some oil. Then toss the hardest/longest cooking vege in first, stirfry for a few minutes. Season and toss in the tofu and fresh coriander when ready to serve. Easy as that.
To accompany the tofu dish, I made a lovely pork belly in chilli bean and hoisin sauces.
500g pork belly/pork cubes
2 large eggs, boiled
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 tbsp chilli bean sauce
fresh coriander and spring onion
1 bulb garlic, chopped
1. Fry up the garlic in some oil first till fragrant.
2. Add in the pork pieces and fry till well done.
3. Put in the hoisin and chilli bean sauces with some water, lower the heat and leave to simmer for about 30-45min, stirring every few minutes.
4. Taste as you go, add in more sauce or water as you go according to your own taste.
5. Lastly put in the boiled eggs and toss in the chopped spring onions and coriander when ready to serve.