>Yoghurt Salad and Chicken Saag
>I have definitely found the BEST salad EVER!!! I couldn’t stop eating this salad once I had a taste of it. I was literally hounding the entire bowl all to myself!!
5 cherry tomatoes
1 cup mushy peas
4 spring onions
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts or cashews
3 tbsp yoghurt
1 tbsp honey
1. Firstly soak the raisins and walnuts or cashews in water for about 1-2 hrs.
2. Chop the vegetables julienne style and boil the mushy peas.
3. Once all the vegetables are ready, crush the nuts and put them together in a salad bowl along with the yoghurt and honey and mix together evenly.
4. That’s it, easy peasy. Enjoy!
Chicken Saag has always been one of my favourite Indian curries, just because it’s one of the ‘healthier’ curry in my opinion. It consists of:
450g chicken breast
2 bunches of spinach
1 garlic bulb
1 inch fresh ginger
2 fresh green chilli
4 medium onions
4 medium tomatoes
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp chilli powder
3 tbsp yoghurt
salt and pepper
1. Cook/Steam the spinach till wilted and half the amount. Once cooled, place in food processor along with the garlic, ginger and fresh chilli. Set aside.
2. In a wok/pan, stir up the bay leaves and onions till caramelised, limp and fragrant.
3. Add in the tomatoes and stir for a few more minutes.
4. Stir in the spinach puree, curry powder, chilli powder, salt and pepper and mix evenly. Add some water if you need it.
5. Once it comes to boil, place the chicken pieces underneath the spinach mixture and allow to cook for 20min.
6. Stir every few minutes. When it is almost ready for serving, stir in the yoghurt.