>Spinach Tofu Frittata
>This blog is going to be a super fast and simple, it is a beautiful frittata/quiche like meal. I needed a whole load of iron as I have been advised that I have the mild case of Anemia. So I decided to make a spinach frittata.
This beautiful dish is made up of:
1 cube of tofu (mashed)
1 bulb of garlic (minced)
2 bunches of spinach (cooked till wilted)
cheese for topping
salt and pepper
1. I chopped up the spinach into fine slices so I don’t have to put it in the processor, cooked it till wilted and reduced to half the amount. Leave aside to cool.
2. On the side, I minced up the garlic, then add it to the spinach. Add in the tofu cube and break it/smash it, blending and mixing it together evenly.
3. Then I added in some milk, salt and pepper and the eggs.
4. Pour the mixture in a glass bakeware and top with your favourite cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for about 50min.
We had ours with some steamed salmon, so halfway through baking the frittata, I placed the foil wrapped salmon into the oven to bake so the both of them will be done together.
The crustless quiche or thick frittata is simply superb. I will definitely add in some feta cheese in next time but the tofu substitute was lovely and creamy. Nice to eat with either brown or red sauce and balsamic vinegar.